[Important] It's not about getting people to watch your videos!
It might sound a little counter-intuitive but getting people to watch your videos shouldn't be your number one goal.
If it were just views, then I'd be suggesting that you make cat videos!
When your goal is to get the phone ringing with new patients then what you should be focusing on is engagement.
So... rather than your community aimlessly watching your videos, you want them actively following along, commenting, sharing, liking and when appropriate, getting on the phone and calling you!
On the weeks episode of the Marketing Your Practice podcast I spoke about this exact topic with Gideon Shalwick. Gideon is a serial entrepreneur who’s been specialising in online video marketing for more than a decade now.
Here's just a taste of what you'll learn:
- How to communicate using video in a way that encourages your audience to do business with you (i.e make an apt)
- We talk about why having huge numbers of people watching your videos might not be what you’re actually wanting.
- Engagement is what we are all looking for and exactly how to create engaging videos (it's easier than you think).
- The best ways to stand out and connect with your community.
- What to focus on before you even think about video production.
- We talk about why you should focus on just one audience (hint..as your resources grow you can start to spread out).
- Why the best way to reach the masses is by focusing on one person
- The secret video tip we can borrow from Game of Throne that gets more people to watch right until the end of your videos.
- ...and we talk cameras and technology and the minimum things you need to do to produce quality videos.
I love chatting with Gideon and I think you'll love what he shares.
Enjoy the show
Links Mentioned In The Show
Gideon Shalwick is a serial entrepreneur who’s been specialising in online video marketing for more than a decade now.
With his finger on the pulse of social media and content marketing trends, Gideon knows the impact of authentic engagement with branded video content.
When he learned that 85% of people watch social media videos on silent, he realized the essential need of adding high-quality captions, cleverly combined with engaging video formats to your videos. He found that his methods dramatically increased engagement and viewership when done in the right way.
So he launched Splasheo.com, a video captioning service powered by real people, who fully transcribe your videos, burn the text in as captions, and wrap it all together into stunningly engaging videos!
Because of the human touch and professionally designed formats, Splasheo creates meme-worthy videos with flawless captions to grab viewers’ attention and keep them engaged.
Gideon Shalwick // Managing Director Metagenics ANZ